Blueskyblue DBX winter suit 4-Layer with Cordura Flying Suit
THE ABSOLUTE BEST FLYING SUIT MONEY CAN BUY!
Quick summary of features this microlight flying suit ideal for open air flexwing flying:
1) Drawstring on collar for snugness
2) High quality zips used throughout with storm-flaps.
3) Pocket zips also covered with outer flaps for style and protection.
4) Inner flaps on the three main zips
5) Adjustable and elasticated cuffs
6) Two-way zips on legs mean you can access your trouser pockets.
7) Central zip also two-way, allowing male flyers to have a convenience break without removing the suit.
8) Reinforcement on the knee area for added durability.
9) Map pocket on each thigh [see note above]
10) Generous breast pocket for radio, camera, mobile phone or pda.
11) Reflective piping means higher visibility.
12) Under each arm is a ventilation zip.
1) The outer fabric is called CORDURA ® which is windproof and waterproof. It has a great tough feel and is very durable.
2) The outer-middle layer is 100gsm POLYFILL QUILTING. This is a superior insulating material which is designed to retain your body’s heat as much as possible.
3) The inner-middle layer is 100gsm THINSULATE™ made by 3M. The unique microfibres of Thinsulate™ Insulation are about ten times smaller than the fibres of most other synthetic insulations, which means they’re much more efficient at trapping air. . . and more effective at keeping you warm. It also means more fibres can be packed into the same space, where they can reflect back more of the body’s radiant heat without being bulky.
4) The suit lining is black POLYESTER which is dyed using only azo-free materials in the production process.
Here is the official Cordura information taken from their own website:
Use the Tough Stuff for More Stuff
For gear, performance apparel and work wear, CORDURA® is the “Tough Stuff”. And now that CORDURA® can be used in a wider range of products—from heavy-duty performance gear and apparel to everyday wear—CORDURA® is even tougher to beat.
From luggage and backpacks to boots and performance apparel, it’s easier than ever to choose the look, texture and weight you need for all kinds of styles.
How CORDURA® Measures Up
When put to the test, CORDURA® resists tears and abrasions like no other fabric of its kind.
Ounce for ounce, CORDURA® is more durable than other fabrics.
CORDURA® is :
10x more durable than cotton duck
3x more durable than standard polyester
2x more durable than standard nylon
It's resistant to abrasions, tears, and scuffs - all the qualities you expect from a high performance fabric. So regardless of your activities, you'll benefit from the toughness of CORDURA®.
this is the best flying suit on the market for open air flying