Blue Sky Blue Atmos 5 layer flying suit
BlueSkyBlue launched the World’s first 5 layer flying suit - “Atmos” at The Flying Show, NEC, Birmingham on the 26th November 2011.
The Atmos now has 5 layers and 260gsm of insulation as follows:
1. The outer CORDURA ® fabric which is windproof and has a great tough feel for durability.
2. The inner middle layer is 80gsm THINSULATE (TM) made by 3M. The unique microfibres of ThinsulateTM Insulation are about ten times smaller than the fibres of most other synthetic insulations, which means they’re much more efficient at trapping air, and more effective at keeping you warm. It also means more fibres can be packed into the same space, where they can reflect back more of the body’s radiant heat without being bulky.
3. The middle layer is 100gsm POLYFILL QUILTING. This is a superior insulating material which is designed to retain body heat as much as possible.
4. The outer middle layer is a further layer of 80gsm THINSULATE (TM) made by 3M.
5. The suit lining is black BOSKY, this is a new material in our suit range which is dyed using only azo free materials in the production process and has improved wear properties.
In addition, the new Atmos 5 layer suit has been manufactured with 5 more pilot friendly features and available in 5 sizes (S,M,L,XL & XXL) and the following colors: All Black, Black/Red and Black/Mid Blue. The Large and XL will be available in two inside leg sizes: Regular and Long.
Launch of the suit at the Flying Show exceeded available stock. With BlueSkyBlue selling out on the first day!
Availability to purchase the Atmos from the web site will be coming soon at £189.00. Further limited stock arriving early December 2011 so if you are interested in purchasing the Atmos before Christmas please contact us directly for availability.