MGL Avionics ALT-3 Precision altimeter and VSI indicator
The MGL Avionics ALT-3 is a 3 1/8” instrument that contains a precision altimeter and a wide range vertical speed indicator. The altimeter conforms to ANSI standard atmosphere rules from –700 ft up to a maximum of 30,000 ft. The altimeter can display altitude in feet or meters, local pressure can be set in millibars or inches of mercury
The onboard VSI indicator is altitude compensated and can be displayed in either feet/minute (ft/min) or meters/second (m/s). It also offers a digital readout with a wide range from +/-20 ft/min to as high as +/-10 000 ft/min, it also offers a logarithmic analog display with a +/-2000 ft range. The VSI can be calibrated by the user once the instrument has been installed in the aircraft.
In addition the ALT-3 provides an OAT sender which is used in the determining the density altitude of the aircraft. The ALT-1 can also be used to measure relative altitude as well as it has a facility for the pilot to enter a reference altitude and deviation band that has to be kept.
MGL Avionics ALT-3 Precision altimeter and VSI indicator features:
- Precision altimeter from –700 ft up to a maximum of 30,000 ft
- The altimeter can display altitude in feet or meters, local pressure can be set in millibars or inches of mercury
- Contains a wide range VSI indicator from +/-20 ft/min to as high as +/-10 000 ft/min
- VSI units can be in feet/minute (ft/min) or in meters/second (m/s)
- Records the maximum and minimum OAT (outside air temperature) and maximum altitude reached in permanent memory
- Records maximum and minimum OAT in temporary memory since instrument power up